Alomone Labs is pleased to offer the KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-501). The Research Pack contains all you need for KV1.3 research: Antibodies recognizing different domains of the channel and specific KV1.3 blockers, all in one economical package!
KV1.3 belongs to the Shaker family of voltage-dependent K+ channels. The channel, encoded by KCNA3, is widely expressed in the brain, lung and osteoclasts and in several cell populations of hematopoietic origin. It is in these cells (particularly T lymphocytes) that KV1.3 function has centered a lot of attention. It was found that KV1.3 is the main channel
Responsible for maintaining the resting potential in quiescent cells and regulating the Ca2+ signaling that is indispensable for normal T lymphocyte activation.1,2
Based on the central role of Kv1.3 in regulating the initiation of an immune response, the channel has been recognized as a potential target for immunosuppressant drugs.1
KV1.3 channels are potently inhibited by several venomous peptide toxins among them Charybdotoxin (#STC-325, 2.6 nM), Noxiustoxin (#STN-340, 1 nM), Kaliotoxin (#STK-370, 0.65 nM), Margatoxin (#STM-325, 0.05 nM), Agitoxin-1 (#STA-150, 1.7 nM), Agitoxin-2 (#STA-420, 0.004 nM), Hongotoxin-1 (#RTH-400, 0.09 nM) and Stichodactyla toxin (#STS-400, 0.01 nM).3-7
- Chandy, K.G. et al. (2001) Toxicon 39, 1269.
- Koo, G.C. et al. (1997) J. Immunol. 158, 5120.
- Grissmer, S. et al. (1994) Mol. Pharmacol. 45, 1227.
- Garcia-Calvo, M. et al. (1993) J. Biol. Chem. 268, 18866.
- Garcia, M.L. et al. (1994) Biochemistry 33, 6834.
- Koschak, A. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 2639.
- Kalman, K. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273, 32697.
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-501)
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-501)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#APC-101-B)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F)
- Guinea pig Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-005)
- Agitoxin-2-Cys-TAMRA (#RTA-420-T)
- ADWX-1 (#STW-100)
- HsTx1 Toxin (#STH-300)
- Margatoxin (#STM-325)