- Alomone Labs TTA-P2 inhibits T-type CaV channels heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Time course of CaV3.2 peak current amplitude, elicited by 100 ms voltage step from holding potential of -100 mV to -30 mV, delivered every 10 seconds. Application of 5 µM TTA-P2 (#T-155) inhibits the CaV3.2 current in a reversible manner (indicated by the horizontal bar). B. Representative current traces before and during application of 5 µM TTA-P2 as indicated.
TTA-P2 is a novel, potent and selective T-type CaV channel blocker. In thalamocortical and reticular neurons, it blocks T-type currents with an IC50 of 22 nM without affecting high voltage Ca2+ channels1. In rat DRGs, it blocks T-type currents with an IC50 of 100 nM and stabilizes the channel in the inactive state2.
TTA-P2 has the potential of acting as an antinociceptive agent2.
TTA-P2 (#T-155) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
Alomone Labs TTA-P2 inhibits T-type CaV channels in AZF cells.Bovine adrenal zona fasciculate (AZF) whole cell recordings. Ca2+ currents were recorded in 10 mM Ba2+ in response to voltage steps to -5 mV, applied from a holding potential of -80 mV, before and after superfusion of the cell with 2 μM TTA-P2 (#T-155), (left panel). Concentration-dependent inhibition of CaV3.2 currents by TTA-P2. Values are means ±SE for number of determinations shown in parentheses (right panel).Adapted from Enyeart, J.J. and Enyeart, J.A. (2015) Am. J. Physiol. 308, C899. with permission of the American Physiological Society.
- Rat DRGs (patch clamp).
Moutal, A. et al. (2018) Neuroscience 381, 79.
- Chen, W. et al. (2018) Front. Mol. Neurosci. 11, 24.
- Stamenic, T.T. and Todorovic, S.M. (2018) eNeuro 5, e0016.
- Tracy, M.E. et al. (2018) Neuropharmacology 135, 343.
- Huang, C.Y. et al. (2017) J. Neurosci. 37, 4433.
- Irie, T. and Trussell, L.O. (2017) Neuron 96, 856.
- Kisiswa, L. et al. (2017) Open Biol. 7, 160288.
- Lu, J.M. et al. (2017) Cereb. Cortex 27, 3842.
- Yang, C. et al. (2017) Neuroscience 352, 249.
- Zhao, Y. et al. (2017) Neuron 96, 355.
- Barzan, R. et al. (2016) Front. Cell. Neurosci. 10, 135.
- Kortus, S. et al. (2016) Cell Calcium 59, 289.
- Moutal, A. et al. (2016) Pain 157, 1448.
- Xie, J.Y. et al. (2016) Pain 157, 2124.
- Yang, T. et al. (2016) Hypertension 68, 785.
- Enyeart, J.J. et al. (2015) Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 308, C899.
- Rivera-Arconada, I and Lopez-Garcia, J.A. (2015) Pflugers Arch. 467, 1985.
- Scott, A.L. et al. (2015) J. Physiol. 593, 3281.
- Seol, M. and Kuner, T. (2015) Eur. J. Neurosci. 42, 3033.