- Peptide (C)RATDYLQASAITRIPS, corresponding to amino acid residues 213-228 of mouse CaVγ2 (Accession O88602). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-Stargazin Antibody (#ACC-012), (1:200).
2. Anti-Stargazin Antibody, preincubated with Stargazin Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC012).
- Rat spinal cord culture (1:200) (Krishnamurthy, K. et al. (2013) Brain Res. 1529, 143.).
The γ subunit protein is an auxiliary subunit of the CaV (voltage-dependent calcium) channel multimer complex. γ1 was first identified in skeletal muscle as a part of the proteins complex purified as the DHP receptor. Eight γ subunit isoforms were identified in mammalian genomes and they share some sequence as well as structure homology.1 γ subunit contains four transmembrane helices, with intracellular N- and C- termini. Usually their association with the pore-forming α1 subunit results in reduced current amplitude.
CaVγ2 is also known as Stargazin, and interacts and regulates the activity and trafficking of AMPA glutamate receptors.2
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat CaVγ2. Anti-Stargazin Antibody (#ACC-012) can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize CaVγ2 from rat, mouse and human samples.
- Guinea pig Anti-CaVγ2 Antibody (#AGP-069) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in multiplex staining studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #ACC-012.
- Anti-CACNG1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-111)
- Anti-CACNG3 Antibody (#ACC-113)
- Anti-CACNG4 Antibody (#ACC-114)
- Anti-CACNG5 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-115)
- Anti-CACNG6 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-112)
- Anti-CACNG7 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-109)
- Anti-CACNG8 Antibody (#ACC-125)
- Anti-CNIH2/3 (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-047)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Anti-CaV1.3 (CACNA1D) Antibody (#ACC-005)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-004)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Anti-GluR3 (GluA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-010)
- Anti-GluR4 (GluA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-019)
- Anti-CACNB2-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ACC-105-AR)