This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)RGQGRKESLSDSRD, corresponding to amino acid residues 2-15 of human KChIP2 (Accession Q9NS61). Cytoplasmic, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of mouse brain lysate:1. Anti-KChIP2 Antibody (#APC-142), (1:200).
2. Anti-KChIP2 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Western blot analysis of rat heart (lanes 1 and 3) and rat hippocampus (lanes 2 and 4) lysate:1,2. Anti-KChIP2 Antibody (#APC-142), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-KChIP2 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of KChIP2 in mouse hippocampusImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections using Anti-KChIP2 Antibody (#APC-142), (1:400), followed by goat-anti-rabbit-Alexa-488 (green). KChIP2 staining in the hippocampal CA1 region appears in neuronal profiles (arrows) in the pyramidal layer (Pyr). DAPI is used to stain nuclei (blue).
KChIPs belong to the family of small cytosolic calcium-binding proteins and consist of four different KChIP isoforms ranging between 216 and 270 amino acids. They all have a reasonably conserved core region of 185 amino acids and a heterogeneous N-terminal. KChIPs have calcium-binding EF hands which appear to be important for modulation of KV channels but not for CaV channels1.
The cardiac KChIP2 gene generates three protein isoforms of 220, 252, and 270 amino acids via alternative splicing of exons 2 and 3. It is well established that KChIP2 functionally increases peak KV4 current, slows channel inactivation and accelerates recovery from inactivation. Furthermore, KChIP2 has been reported to increase ICa,L and suggested to decrease KV1.5 cell surface expression and facilitate INa2 .
All four KChIP mRNAs are found in the brain, however only KChIP2 is expressed in the heart3. KChIP2 is expressed heterogeneously across the canine and human left and right ventricular free wall with higher concentrations in epicardium compared to endocardium4.
Mice deficient for KChIP2 exhibit normal cardiac structure and function but display a prolonged elevation in the ST segment on the electrocardiogram. The KChIP2−/− mice are highly susceptible to the induction of cardiac arrhythmias5.
Species reactivity key:
Anti-KChIP2 Antibody (#APC-142) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human protein. The antibody can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize KChIP2 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Anti-KChIP1 (KCNIP1) Antibody (#APC-141)
- Anti-KChIP3 (CSEN, DREAM) Antibody (#APC-143)
- Anti-KV1.5 (KCNA5) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-150)
- Anti-KV4.1 (KCND1) Antibody (#APC-119)
- Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#APC-023)
- Anti-KV4.3 Antibody (#APC-017)
- Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#ACC-003)
- Guinea pig Anti-CaV1.2 (CACNA1C) Antibody (#AGP-001)