This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)SNQLQSSEDEPAFVSK, corresponding to amino acid residues 454-469 of rat KV4.2 (Accession Q63881). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain membranes:1. Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#APC-023), (1:200).
2. Anti-KV4.2 Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Human myometrium tissue lysate (Novakovic, R. et al. (2015) Mol. Hum. Reprod. 21, 545.).
KV4.2 possesses the signature structure of the voltage-dependent K+ channels: six membrane-spanning domains with intracellular N and C termini. As with other members of the voltage-gated K+ channel superfamily, the functional channel is a tetramer that can be composed of more than one member of the Shal subfamily, i.e. heterotetramers of KV4.1 and KV4.3.
The KV4 channels are characterized by activation at subthreshold membrane potentials, inactivate rapidly and recover from inactivation quickly compared with other voltage-dependent K+ channels. This type of current is known as transient A-type K+ currents. For example, depolarization-activated K+ currents in rat neostriatal cholinergic interneurons are predominantly of the A-type and attributable to coexpression of KV4.2 and KV4.1 subunits.2
The biophysical properties of the KV4.2 subunit can be modified by its association with auxiliary β subunits such as the KChIP family that increase KV4.2 current densities and accelerates both the inactivation and the recovery time.
KV4.2 is also highly expressed in the heart where together with KV4.3 underlie the fast inactivating and recovering cardiac transient outward current Ito.3
Several toxins from spider venoms are potent blockers (affecting the channels in the nanomolar range) of KV4.2 channels. Among these the most potent and selective are Stromatoxin-1 (#STS-350), (1.2nM), Phrixotoxin-1 (#STP-700), (5 nM), Phrixotoxin-2 (#STP-710), (34 nM) and Heteropodatoxin-2 (#STH-340), (100 nM).4
Species reactivity key:
Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#APC-023) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize KV4.2 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
- Rat heart lysate.
Liu, X. et al. (2016) Cell. Physiol. Biochem. 39, 102.
- Mouse heart lysate (1:2000).
El Gebeily, G. et al. (2015) J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 86, 85.
- Rat ventricular myocytes (1:200).
Liu, W.J. et al. (2015) Am. J. Physiol. 309, H1288.
- Mouse brain lysate (1:2000).
Hall, A.M. et al. (2015) J. Neurosci. 35, 6221.
- Human myometrium tissue lysate.
Novakovic, R. et al. (2015) Mol. Hum. Reprod. 21, 545.
- Mouse sarcolemmal protein lysate.
Ednie, A.R. and Bennett, E.S. (2015) J. Biol. Chem. 290, 2769.
- Rat uterine tissue lysate.
Novakovic, R. et al. (2013) J. Physiol. Pharmacol. 64, 795.
- Rat heart lysate.
- Mouse spiral ganglion.
Adamson, C.L. et al. (2002) J. Neuroscience 22, 1385.
- Mouse spiral ganglion.
- Kunert Keil, C. et al. (2013) J. Renin-Angiotensin-Aldosterone System 14, 41.
- Kerti, K. et al. (2012) Eur. J. Neurosci. 35, 66.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7, e35353.
- Bignolais, O. et al. (2011) J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 51, 713.
- Chen, M. et al. (2010) Am. J. Physiol. 299, R177.
- Dabrowska, J. et al. (2010) Neuroscience 171, 721.
- Liu, W. et al. (2010) J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 49, 438.
- Moise, L. et al. (2010) Channels 4, 115.
- Grandy, S.A. et al. (2009) J. Mol. Cell. Cardiol. 47, 238.
- Loewen, M.L. et al. (2009) Am. J. Physiol. 296, H71.
- Fernandez-Velasco, M. et al. (2007) Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 293, H238.
- Sonner, P.M. and Stern, J.E. (2007) J. Physiol. 582, 1219.
- Xia, F. et al. (2007) Endocrinology 148, 2157.
- Colinas, O. et al. (2006) Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 291, H1978.
- Hu, H-J. et al. (2006) Neuron 50, 89.
- Jia, Y. et al. (2006) Circ. Res. 98, 386.
- Petkova-Kirova, P.S. et al. (2006) Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 290, H2098.
- Suzuki, T. et al. (2005) Am J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 288, E335.
- Xu, Y. et al. (2005) J. Physiol. 562.3, 745.
- Li, G.R. et al. (2003) Cardiovasc. Res. 58, 89.
- Shimoni, Y. et al. (2003) Am. J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 284, H1168.
- Shimoni, Y. et al. (2003) J. Physiol. 550.2, 401.
- Yamashita, T. et al. (2003) Circulation 107, 1917.
- Amberg, G.C. et al. (2002) J. Physiol. 544.2, 403.
- Amberg, G.C. et al. (2002) J. Physiol. 544.2, 417.
- Sanchez, D. et al. (2002) J. Physiology 542.2, 369.
- Trepanier-Boulay, V. et al. (2001) Circ. Res. 89, 437.
- Adams, J.P. et al. (2000) J. Neurochem. 75, 2277.
- Anderson, A.E. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275, 5337.
- Yamashita, T. et al. (2000) Circulation 101, 2007.
- Anti-KV4.2-ATTO-633 Antibody (#APC-023-FR). A fluorescent primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Guinea pig Anti-KV4.2 Antibody (#AGP-038) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #APC-023.
- Anti-KV4.1 (KCND1) Antibody (#APC-119)
- Anti-KV4.3 Antibody (#APC-017)
- Anti-KVβ2 Antibody (#APC-117)
- Anti-KChIP1 (KCNIP1) Antibody (#APC-141)
- Anti-KChIP2 Antibody (#APC-142)
- Anti-KChIP3 (CSEN, DREAM) Antibody (#APC-143)
- Anti-DPP6 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-146)
- Anti-DPP10 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-147)
- Anti-KCNE4 (MiRP3) Antibody (#APC-129)
- Anti-SAP-97/DLG1 Antibody (#APZ-010)
- KV4 Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-130)
- Shaker (KV)-Related Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-220)
- Shaker (KV)-Related Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-108)
- KV Channel Antibodies for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#AK-385)
- KV Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-380)
- K+ Channel Antibodies for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#AK-390)
- K+ Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-390)
- Cardiac KV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-320)
- Cardiac Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-345)