Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Foster, A.C. et al. (1992) Mol. Pharmacol. 41, 914.
- Alomone Labs L-689,560 inhibits NMDA receptor channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.A. Representative time course of NR1/NR2A currents, elicited by transient stimulations with 100 µM glutamate + 100 µM glycine every 50 sec, while membrane potential was held at -60 mV. 4 min applications of 5 nM and 10 nM L-689,560 (#L-225) reversibly inhibit current amplitude. B. Superimposed current traces from the recording shown in A, following application of control, 5 nM and 10 nM L-689,560 (as indicated). Transient stimulation is indicated by the top horizontal bar.
L-689,560 is a potent and selective antagonist at the glycine site of N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors. L-689,560 behaves as a full antagonist and competes with glycine for the receptors binding site1. It selectively inhibits [3H]-glycine binding in rat cortex membranes with an IC50 value of 7.4 nM1.
NMDA receptors are heterotetrameric channels formed by the assembly of two obligatory GluN1 and two GluN2/GluN3 subunits. They play an important role in a variety of cellular processes and brain functions such as, synaptic plasticity, addiction and stroke, and mediate physiological functions such as learning and memory formation and participates in glutamate excitotoxicity2.
L-689,560 (#L-225) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- NMDA Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-350)
- Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001)
- Anti-NMDAR2A (GluN2A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-002)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-003)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#AGC-003-AR)
- Anti-NMDAR2C (GRIN2C) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-018)
- Anti-NMDAR2D (GRIN2D) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-020)
- Anti-NMDAR3A (GRIN3A) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-030)
- Anti-NMDAR3B (GRIN3B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-031)
- CGP-37849 (#C-325)
- Conantokin G (#STC-666)
- (±)-CPP (#C-175)
- D-AP5 (#D-145)
- DL-AP5 (#D-140)
- Kynurenic acid (#K-110)
- (+)-MK 801 maleate (#M-230)
- MPX-004 (#M-280)
- QNZ 46 (#Q-270)
- Ro 25-6981 maleate (#R-180)
- (RS)-(Tetrazol-5-yl)glycine (#T-205)