This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide ETEKPRGYQMSTRLK(C), corresponding to amino acid residues 385-399 of rat NMDA receptor 1 (Accession P35439). Extracellular, N-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain lysate:1. Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001), (1:600).
2. Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Immuno-colocalization of NMDAR1 and CALHM1 in mouse hippocampal CA1 regionImmunohistochemical staining of perfusion-fixed frozen mouse brain sections using Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001), (1:200) and Anti-CALHM1-ATTO-594 Antibody (#ACC-101-AR), (1:60). A. Sections were stained with Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody, followed by goat-anti-rabbit-Cy2 (green). Staining reveals expression in neurons of the pyramidal layer (an arrow points at the layer). B. The same section was incubated with Anti-CALHM1-ATTO-594 Antibody (red). C. Merge of the two images demonstrates colocalization of NMDAR1 and CALHM1 in pyramidal neurons.
- Live intact rat hippocampal neurons (1:300). See Mikasova, L. et al. (2012) Brain 135, 1606.
The NMDA receptors are encoded by seven genes: one NMDAR1 (or NR1) subunit, four NR2 (NR2A-NR2D) and two NR3 (NR3A-NR3B) subunits. The functional NMDA receptor appears to be a heterotetramer composed of two NMDAR1 and two NMDAR2 subunits. Whereas the NMDAR2 subunits that assemble with the NMDAR1 subunit can be either of the same kind (i.e. two NMDAR2A subunits) or different (one NMDAR2A with one NMDAR2B). NMDAR3 subunits can substitute the NMDAR2 subunits in their complex with the NMDAR1 subunit.
The NMDAR is unique among ligand-gated ion channels in that it requires the simultaneous binding of two obligatory agonists: glycine and glutamate that bind to the NMDAR1 and NMDAR2 binding sites respectively. Another unique characteristic of the NMDA receptors is their dependence on membrane potential. At resting membrane potentials the channels are blocked by extracellular Mg2+. Neuronal depolarization relieves the Mg2+ blockage and allows ion influx into the cells. NMDA receptors are strongly selective for Ca2+ influx differing from the other glutamate receptor ion channels that are non-selective cation channels.
Ca2+ entry through the NMDAR regulates numerous downstream signaling pathways including long term potentiation (a molecular model of memory) and synaptic plasticity that may underlie learning. In addition, the NMDA receptors have been implicated in a variety of neurological disorders including epilepsy, ischemic brain damage, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
NMDA receptors expression and function are modulated by a variety of factors including receptor trafficking to the synapses and internalization as well as phosphorylation and interaction with other intracellular proteins.
Species reactivity key:
Increased Synaptic GluN1/mGluR5/Homer1 in Fmr1-/- Mice.Immunocytochemical staining of mouse hippocampal neurons using Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001), (red). Triple immunostaining experiment indicates increased synaptic clustering of GluN1, mGluR5 and Homer1 in Fmr1 knockout mice.Adapted from Aloisi, E. et al. (2017) Nat. Commun. 8, 1103. with permission of SPRINGER NATURE.
Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-001) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunocytochemistry, live cell imaging, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize NMDA receptor 1 from rat, mouse, and human samples.
- Mouse brain lysate (1:500).
Atkin, G. et al. (2015) J. Neurosci. 35, 6165.
- Rat living and intact hippocampal neurons (1:300).
Mikasova, L. et al. (2012) Brain 135, 1606.
- Guinea pig Anti-NMDAR1 (GluN1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-046) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #AGC-001.
- Anti-DARPP32 Antibody (#ADR-006)
- Anti-DLGAP1/GKAP Antibody (#APZ-041)
- Anti-EAAT1 (GLAST) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-021)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Anti-GluR4 (GluA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-019)
- Anti-GRIK2 (GluK2) Antibody (#AGC-009)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-003)
- Anti-NMDAR2B (GluN2B) (extracellular)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AGC-003-AR)