Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Olvanil activates TRPV1 channels heterologously expressed in C-6 cells.Cells were loaded with Fluo-3 AM and changes in intracellular Ca2+ were detected. Normalized fluorescence before and after application, at 20 seconds (arrow), of 1 nM - 10 µM Olvanil (#O-115), (as indicated).
- Basbaum, A.I. et al. (2009) Cell 139, 267.
- Chu, K.M. et al. (2010) Neuropharmacology 58, 383.
- Tomohiro, D. et al. (2013) Life Sci. 92, 368.
- Brand, L. et al. (1987) Drugs Expl. Clin. Res. 13, 259.
- Walpole, C.S. et al. (1993) in Capsaicin in the study of pain, ed Wood J (Academic, London), 63.
- Campbell, E. et al. (1993) in Capsaicin in the study of pain, ed Wood J (Academic, London), 259.
- Liu, L. et al. (1997) J. Neurosci. 17, 4101.
- Di Marzo, V. et al. (1998) FEBS Lett. 436, 449.
The pungent transient receptor potential vanilloid (TRPV1) is a nonspecific cation channel located on neurons involved in nociceptive transduction. One of its main peripheral physiological functions is the transduction of heat. It can also be activated by protons (low pH) and capsaicin (8-methyl-N-vanillyl-noneamid)1. Central TRPV1 receptors are involved in the regulation of body temperature, emesis, and pain2.
Olvanil N-(3- methoxy-4-hydroxybenzyl)oleamide, capsaicin analogs, is a potent agonist of TRPV1 channel3. Olvanil, like capsaicin, has antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory properties4, and is equipotent with capsaicin in its ability to increase Ca2+ influx in cultured rat DRGs5, and in behavioral measurements of pain6. Olvanil was found to be 10 times more potent than capsaicin as a vasodilator7.
Olvanil is also known to inhibit cannabinoid receptors8.
Olvanil (#O-115) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ACC-029-AG)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- TRPV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-211)
- Capsaicin (#C-125)
- 5′-Iodoresiniferatoxin (#I-800)
- 6′-Iodoresiniferatoxin (#I-805)
- Resiniferatoxin (#R-400)
- Anti-Cannabinoid Receptor 1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-001)
- Anti-Cannabinoid Receptor 2 Antibody (#ACR-002)
- Anti-Human Cannabinoid Receptor 2 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-003)