This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)SLSLTKYHFDER, corresponding to amino acid residues 140-151 of rat AQP11 (Accession Q8CHM1). 2nd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse (lanes 2 and 4) brain lysates:1,2. Anti-Aquaporin 11 (extracellular) Antibody (#AQP-011), (1:1000).
3,4. Anti-Aquaporin 11 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.Western blot analysis of rat liver lysate:1. Anti-Aquaporin 11 (extracellular) Antibody (#AQP-011), (1:1000).
2. Anti-Aquaporin 11 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
The aquaporins (AQP), also known as the major intrinsic protein superfamily (MIP), are a family of integral membrane proteins. In mammals, 13 aquaporins were described (AQP0–AQP12). Aquaporin 11 (AQP11) is a newly described member of the aquaporins family. Aquaporin 11 (AQP11) has been identified with unusual pore-forming NPA (asparagine-proline-alanine) boxes. AQP11 presents a conserved structure of six transmembrane domains with intracellular N- and C-termini. The functional channel is a tetramer but each subunit has a separate pore and therefore the functional channel unit, contains four pores1. There are two subfamilies: the aquaporins, which transport only water and the aquaglyceroporins, which transport glycerol, urea, and other small solutes in addition to water2.
Aquaporins and aquaglyceroporins are ubiquitously expressed, including in the plasma membrane of renal epithelia, brain astrocytes, and red blood cells3. AQP11 is expressed in several tissues including testis, kidney, liver, and brain. In the brain, AQP11 is found in Purkinje cells, hippocampal neurons of CA1 and CA2, and cerebral cortical neurons4. In the kidney AQP11 has a central role in vesicular homeostasis as demonstrated in experiments using AQP11 knockout mice which display growth retardation and progressively die before weaning. The cause of death seems to be advanced renal failure5.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of rat Aquaporin 11. Anti-Aquaporin 11 (extracellular) Antibody (#AQP-011) can be used in western blot analysis. It has been designed to recognize AQP11 from rat and mouse samples.
- Anti-Aquaporin 1 Antibody (#AQP-001)
- Anti-Aquaporin 1-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AQP-001-AR)
- Anti-Aquaporin 2 Antibody (#AQP-002)
- Anti-Aquaporin 3 Antibody (#AQP-003)
- Anti-Aquaporin 3-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AQP-003-AR)
- Anti-Aquaporin 4 (AQP4) (249-323) Antibody (#AQP-004)
- Anti-Aquaporin 5 Antibody (#AQP-005)
- Anti-Aquaporin 6 Antibody (#AQP-006)
- Anti-Aquaporin 7 Antibody (#AQP-007)
- Anti-Aquaporin 8 Antibody (#AQP-008)
- Anti-Aquaporin 9 Antibody (#AQP-009)
- Explorer kits