This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EPQKKESQTNSEDTEVSV corresponding to amino acid residues 259-276 of rat AQP6 (Accession Q9WTY0). Intracellular, C-terminus.
- Western blot analysis of rat kidney membranes:1. Anti-Aquaporin 6 Antibody (#AQP-006), (1:200).
2. Anti-Aquaporin 6 Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
- Rat and mouse kidney sections.
It has been long known that water must cross biological membranes by means other than simple diffusion. However, it was not until recently, with the discovery of the Aquaporin 1 water channel that this question was answered. The importance of this discovery was underlined by the awarding, in 2003, the Nobel Prize in Chemistry to Peter Agre for the discovery of water channels.
Today, eleven mammalian proteins that belong to the Aquaporin family have been identified. The proteins present a conserved structure of six transmembrane domains with intracellular N- and C-termini.
Aquaporin 6 (AQP6) appears to be exclusively expressed in the kidney, particularly in intracellular vesicles in collecting duct intercalated cells. Unlike the other aquaporins, AQP6 was found to allow permeation of anions following activation with acidic pH or Hg2+ ions. Increased expression of AQP6 was shown in models of chronic alkalosis and lithium-induced nephrogenic diabetes insipidus.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of rat AQP6. Anti-Aquaporin 6 Antibody (#AQP-006) can be used in western blot and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize AQP6 from mouse and rat samples.
- Anti-Aquaporin 1 Antibody (#AQP-001)
- Anti-Aquaporin 1-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AQP-001-AR)
- Anti-Aquaporin 2 Antibody (#AQP-002)
- Anti-Aquaporin 3 Antibody (#AQP-003)
- Anti-Aquaporin 4 (AQP4) (300-314) Antibody (#AQP-014)
- Anti-Aquaporin 4 (AQP4) (300-314)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AQP-014-AR)
- Anti-Aquaporin 5 Antibody (#AQP-005)
- Anti-Aquaporin 7 Antibody (#AQP-007)
- Anti-Aquaporin 8 Antibody (#AQP-008)
- Anti-Aquaporin 9 Antibody (#AQP-009)
- Anti-Aquaporin 11 (extracellular) Antibody (#AQP-011)
- Explorer kits