- Peptide KKGWMDPQSKGIQTGRC, corresponding to amino acid residues 136-152 of mouse P2X7 receptor (Accession Q9Z1M0). Extracellular loop.
- Cell surface detection of P2RX7 in intact living Jurkat cells:___ Unstained cells.
___ Anti-P2X7 (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR), (10 µg/1x106 cells).
- Expression of P2RX7 in rat brain glioma (C6) cellsCell surface detection of P2RX7 in intact living rat C6 cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells with Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR), (1:25, purple). B. Merged image of A and nuclear staining using DAPI as the counterstain (blue). C. Merged image of B with cells live image.
- Ding, Y. et al. (2000) J. Auton. Nerv. Syst. 81, 289.
- Kim, M. et al. (2001) EMBO J. 20, 6347.
- Chizh, B.A. and Illes, P. (2001) Pharmacol. Rev. 53, 553.
- Nihei, O.K. et al. (2000) Mem.Inst.Oswaldo Cruz. 95, 415.
The P2X7 receptor is a member of the ionotropic P2X receptor family that is activated by ATP. To date, this family is composed of seven cloned receptor subtypes, named P2X1-P2X7.
The different P2X receptors show distinct expression patterns. P2X1-6 have been found in the central and peripheral nervous system, while the P2X7 receptor is found in cells of the immune system, particularly antigen presenting cells, and microglia. The P2X7 receptor mediates the release of proinflamatory cytokines, stimulation of transcription factors and may also have an important role in apoptosis.1-3
Different techniques have been used to characterize the P2X7 receptor. Most of them investigated pores, ion channels (electrophysiology) and membrane alterations (calcium microfluorometry, dye uptake, membrane depolarization and ion influx analysis). With the introduction of flow cytometry, it is now possible to analyze multiple cell parameters such as cell cycle, cell membrane alteration, calcium influx and cell phenotype.4
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-008) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the mouse protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, indirect flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, live cell imaging, and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2X7 purinergic receptor from mouse, rat, and human samples.
Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR) is directly labeled with an ATTO-633 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. ATTO 633 has a maximum absorption at 629 nm and a maximum fluorescence at 657 nm. The fluorescence is excited most efficiently in the range 610 to 645 nm. This label is analogous to the well-known dyes Alexa 647, Alexa 633 and Cy5. Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-633 Antibody is especially suited for experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Western blot analysis of mouse neutrophil lysate using #APR-008. Tested in P2X7-/- mice.
Karmakar, M. et al. (2016) Nat. Commun. 7, 10555.