- Peptide (C)KTTRPFKTSNPKNLLGAK, corresponding to amino acid residues 125-142 of human P2RY12 (Accession Q9H244). Intracellular, 2nd cytoplasmic loop.
- Expression of P2RY12 in rat striatumImmunohistochemical staining of rat striatum using Anti-P2Y12 Receptor-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#APR-012-AR). P2Y12 (red) appears in patches (white arrows) of myelinated axons. DAPI is used as the counterstain (blue).
The P2Y receptors belong to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily. They mediate the actions of the extracellular nucleotides (ATP, ADP, UTP and UDPA). Eight functional mammalian P2Y receptors have been described: P2Y1,P2Y2, P2Y4, P2Y6, P2Y11, P2Y12, P2Y13, and the UDP-glucose receptor, now renamed P2Y14.1-3
The P2Y12 receptor is co-expressed with P2Y1 receptor on platelets leading to shape change, aggregation, and rise in intracellular Ca2+ upon activation.
The only other expression of P2Y12 was found in brain, according to results of reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and northern blotting.4 The P2Y12 receptor has become a target for potential therapeutic drugs for the treatment of thromboembolism and other clotting disorders.4
Species reactivity key:
Anti-P2Y12 Receptor Antibody (#APR-012) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the human P2RY12. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, indirect flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2RY12 from human, rat, and mouse samples.
Anti-P2Y12 Receptor-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#APR-012-AR) is directly labeled with an ATTO-594 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-594 fluorescent label belongs to the class of Rhodamine dyes and can be used with fluorescent equipment typically optimized to detect Texas Red and Alexa-594. Anti-P2Y12 Receptor-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody is specially suited to experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
- Guinea pig Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020-GP) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in multiplex staining studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #APR-020.
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APR-020-PE). This PE-conjugated antibody can be used to detect P2Y12 in live cell flow cytometry.
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor Antibody (#APR-012)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-020)
- Anti-P2Y12 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-020-F)
- Anti-P2Y1 Receptor Antibody (#APR-009)
- Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-021)
- Anti-P2Y1 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#APR-021-AG)
- Anti-P2Y2 Receptor Antibody (#APR-010)
- Anti-P2Y4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-006)
- Anti-Human P2Y11 Receptor Antibody (#APR-015)
- Anti-CX3CL1 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACR-057)