- Peptide (C)REEEAIPHPLALTHK, corresponding to amino acid residues 464-478 of human TRPV3 (Accession Q8NET8). 1st extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat DRG (lanes 1 and 2) and brain (lanes 3 and 4) lysates:1,3. Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033), (1:200).
2,4. Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with TRPV3 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-CC033).
- Expression of TRPV3 in mouse spinal cordImmunohistochemical staining of mouse spinal cord using Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033). A. TRPV3 (green) appears in neurons (vertical arrows) in the ventral horn of the mouse spinal cord. B. Motor neurons were stained with goat anti-choline-acetyltransferase (red). In some motor neurons (A) TRPV3 was more intense (vertical arrow) whereas in others it was weak (horizontal arrows). C. Merged images of panels A and B. The inset in C magnifies one large motor neuron (vertical arrowhead). Note the punctate pattern of TRPV3 on the surface of the soma.
- Expression of TRPV3 in rat DRG primary cultureCell surface detection of TRPV3 in living rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) primary culture using Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033), (1:50-1:100), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-555 secondary antibody (A). B. Nuclear staining with the cell-permeable dye Hoechst 33342. C. Merged image of panels A and B.
- Montell, C. et al. (2002) Mol. Cell. 9, 229.
- Clapham, D.E. (2003) Nature 426, 517.
- Moran, M.M. et al. (2004) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 14, 362.
- Clapham, D.E. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 591.
- Gunthorpe, M.J. et al. (2002) Trends. Pharmacol. Sci. 23, 183.
- Tominaga, M. and Caterina, M.J. et al. (2004) J. Neurobiol. 61, 3.
- Voets, T. et al. (2004) Nature 430, 748.
- Xiao, R. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283, 6162.
TRP channels are a large family (about 28 genes) of plasma membrane, non-selective cationic channels that are either specifically or ubiquitously expressed in excitable and non-excitable cells.1 The TRP channels have six putative transmembrane domains (TM) with a pore domain between the fifth and the sixth TM, and all assemble as tetramers. Both the N- and the C-terminus of all TRPs are intracellular.3
According to IUPHAR, the TRP family is composed of three main subfamilies on the basis of sequence homology; TRPC, TRPM and TRPV (to date, three additional subfamilies are also considered to belong to the TRP family: the TRPA, TRPML, and TRPP).1-4 The TRPV subfamily consists of six members, TRPV1-6.5
Four members of the TRPV family have been described as a thermosensitive ion channels (TRPV1 to TRPV4). Each channel exhibits distinct thermal activation thresholds ranging from noxious cold (<17°C) to noxious heat (>52°C).6,7
TRPV3 is highly expressed in skin keratinocytes. It forms a nonselective cation channel that is activated by hot temperatures in the innocuous and noxious range. The channel is also expressed in oral and nasal cavities where it has been postulated to play a role in flavor sensation. TRPV3 is also implicated as a molecular target of some allergens and skin sensitizers.8
Species reactivity key:
Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-033) is a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of human TRPV3. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunohistochemical and immunocytochemical applications. As the antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope, it can be used as a tool to detect TRPV3 in live cells. The antibody has been designed to recognize TRPV3 from human, rat and mouse samples.
- Western blot analysis of rat cardiomyocytes. Tested in rats treated with siRNA for TRPV3.
Zhang, Q. et al. (2018) J. Cell. Mol. Med. 22, 6055.
- Western blot analysis of mouse dorsal root ganglion and skin. Tested in TRPV3 knockout mice.
Zhao, J. et al. (2020) J. Invest. Derm. 140, 1524.
- Pan, J.P. et al. (2011) Brain Res. 1412, 18.
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029)
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-488 Antibody (#ACC-029-AG)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-039)
- Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) Antibody (#ACC-032)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-633 Antibody (#ACC-033-FR)
- Anti-TRPV3 (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#ACC-033-B)
- Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#ACC-034)
- Anti-TRPV5 Antibody (#ACC-035)
- Anti-TRPV6 Antibody (#ACC-036)
- Guinea pig Anti-TRPV4 Antibody (#AGP-147)