Cat #: C-205
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Form Lyophilized powder.
Effective concentration 1-100 µM.
Chemical name 6-Chloro-3,4-dihydro-3-(2-norbornen-5-yl)-2H-1,2-4-benzothiadiazine-7-sulfonamide 1,1-dioxide.
Molecular formula C14H16ClN3O4S2.
CAS No.: 2259-96-3.
Activity Cyclothiazide is a selective AMPA receptor agonist (allosteric potentiator)1.
- Johansen, T.H. et al. (1995) Mol. Pharmacol. 48, 946.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility 100 mM in DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 1 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs Cyclothiazide potentiates GluA1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Time course of current reversible potentiation by 1, 10 and 100 μM Cyclothiazide (#C-205) of glutamate-elicited currents (100 μM, holding potential -80 mV).
References - Scientific background
- 1. Fucile, S. et al. (2006) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 103, 2943.
- Cyclothiazide (CTZ) is one of the most potent benzothiadiazides, a class of positive allosteric modulators of non-NMDA-type glutamate receptors, that inhibit receptor desensitization with a marked selectivity for the flip splice variants of AMPA receptors. Specifically, CTZ is known to produce a fast inhibition of AMPA receptor desensitization and a much slower potentiation of the AMPA current. By using patch-clamp techniques, the effects of CTZ were studied in HEK 293 cells stably transfected with the rat flip GluR1 subunit. The AMPA currents were greatly potentiated by CTZ in a dose-dependent manner. For instance, pretreatment of the cells with 100 μM CTZ increased the peak AMPA current 90-fold (EC50 = 28 μM), the current at the end of AMPA application 636-fold (EC50 = 46 μM), and the current integrals 730-fold (EC50 = 41 μM)1.
Target AMPA receptors
Last update: 24/01/2020
Cyclothiazide (#C-205) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-004)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AGC-004-AR)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-009)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGC-005-AG)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-073)
- Anti-GluR3 (GluA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-010)
- Anti-GluR4 (GluA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-019)