Cat #: C-215
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Form Lyophilized powder.
Effective concentration 40 nM - 10 µM.
Chemical name N,N'-(1,4-phenylenedi-2,1-ethanediyl)bis-2-propanesulfonamide.
Molecular formula C16H28N2O4S2.
CAS No.: 380607-77-2.
Activity CMPDA is a selective AMPA receptor agonist (allosteric potentiator). EC50 = 45.4 and 63.4 nM at GluR2i and GluR2o respectively, in a calcium influx screening assay1.
- Timm, D.E. et al. (2011) Mol. Pharmacol. 80, 267.
Shipping and storage Shipped at room temperature. Product as supplied can be stored intact at room temperature for several weeks. For longer periods, it should be stored at -20°C.
Solubility 100 mM in DMSO. Centrifuge all product preparations before use (10000 x g for 1 min).
Storage of solutions Up to four weeks at 4°C or three months at -20°C.
- Alomone Labs CMPDA potentiates GluA1 channels expressed in Xenopus oocytes.Time course of current reversible potentiation by 100nM CMPDA (#C-215) of glutamate-elicited currents (100 μM, holding potential -80 mV).
References - Scientific background
Scientific background CMPDA is a novel positive allosteric modulator of AMPA receptors. Such allosteric modulators act by enhancing normal AMPA receptor activity to mimic long-term potentiation and prolong open-channel time by slowing or preventing channel closure. Slowing the termination of a glutamate-evoked response enhances excitatory postsynaptic potentials by increasing ion flux through AMPA receptor channels1. CMPDA modulates AMPA subunit GluA2 receptor (GluR2) and its desensitization and deactivation (EC50 = 45.4 and 63.4 nM at GluR2i and GluR2o respectively, in a calcium influx screening assay of GluA2i and GluA2o receptors expressed in HEK293 cells). This compound binds at the modulator binding pocket located at the interdimer interface and the clamshell hinges2. This pocket is a powerful target for drug discovery of compounds that modulate AMPA receptors and is a possible site of action for endogenous metabolites.
Target AMPA receptors
Last update: 24/01/2020
CMPDA (#C-215) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
For research purposes only, not for human use
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-004)
- Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#AGC-004-AR)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR1 (GluA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-009)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-005)
- Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#AGC-005-AG)
- Guinea pig Anti-GluR2 (GluA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGP-073)
- Anti-GluR3 (GluA3) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-010)
- Anti-GluR4 (GluA4) (extracellular) Antibody (#AGC-019)
Blockers/Antagonists: small molecules
Explorer kits & Research packs
Shipping and Ordering information