This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
The P2X7 purinergic receptor is a member of the ionotropic P2X receptor family that is activated by ATP. To date, this family consists of seven receptor subtypes, named P2X1-P2X7, all of which have been cloned.
The various P2X receptors show distinct expression patterns. P2X1-6 receptors have been found in the central and peripheral nervous system, while the P2X7 receptor is found in cells of the immune system, particularly in antigen-presenting cells, and microglia.
The P2X7 receptor mediates the release of proinflammatory cytokines and stimulation of transcription factors and may also play an important role in apoptosis.1-3
Species reactivity key:
Expression of P2X7 purinergic receptor in mouse spinal cordImmunohistochemical staining of mouse spinal cord sections (L3–L5) from SOD1-G93A mice were double-immunostained either with anti-Iba-1, NeuN or GFAP (green) and Anti-P2X7 Receptor-ATTO-550 Antibody (#APR-004-AO), (red). P2X7 is present only in microglia cells as shown in the merged panel (yellow). Scale bar = 20 μm, insets = 50 μm.Adapted from Apolloni, S. et al. (2013) Hum. Mol. Genet. 22, 4102. with permission of Oxford University Press.
Anti-P2X7 Receptor Antibody (#APR-004) is a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat protein. The antibody can be used in western blot, immunoprecipitation, immunocytochemistry, and immunohistochemistry applications. It has been designed to recognize P2X7 purinergic receptor from rat, mouse, and human samples.
Anti-P2X7 Receptor-ATTO-550 Antibody (#APR-004-AO) is directly labeled with an ATTO-550 fluorescent dye. ATTO dyes are characterized by strong absorption (high extinction coefficient), high fluorescence quantum yield, and high photo-stability. The ATTO-550 fluorescent label is related to the well known dye Rhodamine 6G and can be used with filters typically used to detect Rhodamine. Anti-P2X7 Receptor-ATTO-550 Antibody has been tested in immunohistochemical applications and is specially suited to experiments requiring simultaneous labeling of different markers.
Antibodies for immuno-colocalization experiments
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#APR-008-AG). A fluorescent primary antibody. It can be used in colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR). A fluorescent primary antibody. It can be used in colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
Antibodies for live cell flow cytometry experiments
Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-008-F). This FITC-conjugated antibody can be used to detect P2X7 in live cell flow cytometry.
Antibodies for live cell imaging experiments
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody (#APR-008). This antibody recognizes an extracellular epitope and can be used to detect P2X7 in live cells.
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-488 Antibody (#APR-008-AG). This antibody is the conjugated version of #APR-008 and can be used to detect P2X7 in live cells.
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR). This antibody is the conjugated version of #APR-008 and can be used to detect P2X7 in live cells.
- Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody (#APR-002)
- Anti-P2X6 Receptor Antibody (#APR-013)
- Anti-P2X3 Receptor Antibody (#APR-016)
- P2X Receptor Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-201)
- AACBA hydrochloride (#A-410)
- ZINC58368839 (#Z-135)
- A-839977 (#A-470)
- AZ11645373 (#A-395)
- GW 791343 hydrochloride (#G-115)
- JNJ-47965567 (#J-115)
- KN-62 (#K-120)
- CAY10593 (VU0155069) (#C-385)
- Garcinolic acid (#G-155)
- BzATP triethylammonium salt (#A-385)