This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
Alomone Labs Ambroxol hydrochloride inhibits NaV1.7 channels expressed in HEK293 cells.A. Time course of current reversible inhibition by 100 μM Ambroxol hydrochloride (#A-145). Currents were elicited by a voltage ramp from a holding potential of -100 mV to 60 mV (30 ms) delivered every 10 seconds. B. Example traces of current response to voltage ramp stimulation before and during 100 μM Ambroxol hydrochloride application.
- Amir, R. et al. (2006) J. Pain 7, S1.
- Malerba, M. and Ragnoli, B. (2008) Expert Opin. Drug Metab. Toxicol. 4, 1119.
- Laoag-Fernandez, J.B. et al. (2000) J. Obstet. Gynaecol. Res. 26, 307.
- Matthys, H. et al. (2000) Arzneimittelforschung 50, 700.
- Weiser, T. and Wilson, N. (2002) Mol. Pharmacol. 62, 433.
- de Mey, C. et al. (2008) Arzneimittelforschung 58, 557.
- Fischer, J. et al. (2002) Arzneimittelforschung 52, 256.
- Gaida, W. et al. (2005) Neuropharmacology 49, 1220.
- Gibbs, B.F. et al. (1999) Inflamm. Res. 48, 86.
- Felix, K. et al. (1996) Life Sci. 59, 1141.
- Nowak, D. et al. (1994) Free Radic. Biol. Med. 16, 517.
Voltage-gated Na+ channels (VGSC, NaV) are critically important for electrogenesis and nerve impulse conduction. Certain Na+ channel isoforms are predominantly expressed in peripheral sensory neurons associated with pain sensation. The expression and functional properties of NaV in peripheral sensory neurons can be dynamically regulated following axonal injury or peripheral inflammation1.
Ambroxol is a secretolytic compound for the treatment of respiratory diseases2. It is an effective expectorant, has been shown to normalize the structure of surfactant, to prevent the infant respiratory distress syndrome, and to be effective for the treatment of bronchitis3,4.
In addition to its effects on the respiratory system, Ambroxol is an effective blocker of neuronal Na+ channels5. In rat dorsal root ganglia, TTX-resistant Na+ currents were suppressed in a concentration-dependent manner with IC50 values of 35.2 and 22.5 μM for tonic and phasic block, respectively. TTX-sensitive currents were inhibited with lower potency; approximately 50% inhibition with 100 μM5.
Ambroxol has local anesthetic properties, which make it an efficacious treatment for sore throat6 and to reduce symptoms of chronic, neuropathic, and inflammatory pain in vivo7,8. Ambroxol inhibits the release of histamine, leukotrienes and cytokines from human leukocytes and mast cells9. It also has well documented antioxidant properties10,11.
Ambroxol hydrochloride (#A-145) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody (#ASC-001)
- Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2)-ATTO-594 Antibody (#ASC-002-AR)
- Anti-SCN3A (NaV1.3) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-023)
- Guinea pig Anti-NaV1.5 (SCN5A) Antibody (#AGP-008)
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ASC-008-FR)
- Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A) Antibody (#ASC-016)
- Guinea pig Anti-SCN11A (NaV1.9) Antibody (#AGP-030)
- Anti-Pan NaV Antibody (#ASC-003)
Blockers/Antagonists: peptides/peptide toxinsBlockers/Antagonists: small molecules