Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs α-Dendrotoxin inhibits KV1.1 and KV1.2 channel currents heterologously expressed in Xenopus oocytes.KV1.1 (left, in 2 mM K+) and KV1.2 (right, in 5 mM K+) channel currents elicited by 200 ms depolarization from a holding potential of -100 mV to +20 mV, before and during application of 100 nM α-Dendrotoxin (#D-350). 73% (n = 4) of the KV1.1 and 80% (n = 4) of the KV1.2 channels were inhibited by α-Dendrotoxin, respectively.
α-Dendrotoxin is isolated from Dendroaspis angusticeps snake venom by modification of the procedures of Harvey1 and Benishin2 and purified to homogeneity. α-Dendrotoxin blocks KV1.1 and KV1.2 channels (IC50= 0.4 to 4 and 1.1 to 12 nM in oocytes respectively, with higher values for mammalian cells).4 In addition, the toxin was shown to block KV1.6 (IC50= 9-25 nM).4
α-Dendrotoxin was recently found to block ASIC currents in rat dorsal root ganglia with IC50 in the nM range5.
Alomone Labs α-Dendrotoxin inhibits KV1.2 channel currents in somatic MSN cells.Line scans taken 45–60 µm from the soma show that blockade of KV1.2 channels with α-Dendrotoxin (#D-350) (0.5 µM) does not affect the amplitude of the bAP-evoked Ca2+ transient in dendrites (left traces in A and B) or adjacent spines (right traces in A and B) of either D1 or D2 MSNs (control: black, α-Dendrotoxin: red n = 5 each). Somatic voltage recordings from the MSNs shown in A) and B) demonstrate that spiking is enhanced by α-Dendrotoxin in both D1 and D2 MSNs (control: black, α-Dendrotoxin: red). Recordings were generated by injecting sequential depolarizing current steps at amplitudes just before and after rheobase potentials (100 and 125 pA, lower black line), (C and D).Adapted from Day, M. et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. 28, 11603. with permission of the Society for Neuroscience.
α-Dendrotoxin (#D-350) is a highly pure, natural, and biologically active peptide toxin.
- Mouse brain slices (100 nM).
Lahiri, A. and Bevan, M.D. (2020) Neuron 106, 1.
- Muqeem, T. et al. (2018) J. Neurosci. 38, 3729.
- Hou, W.H. et al. (2016) J. Neurosci. 36, 4549.
- Meneses, D. et al. (2016) Neural Plast. 2016, 8782518.
- Pathak, D. et al. (2016) J. Neurophysiol. 115, 2317.
- Casale, A.E. et al. (2015) J. Neurosci. 35, 15555.
- Giglio, A.M. and Storm, J.F. (2014) Eur. J. Neurosci. 39, 12.
- Yang, J. et al. (2013) J. Physiol. 591, 3233.
- Bocksteins, E. et al. (2012) Am J. Physiol. 303, C406.
- Saito, Y. et al. (2012) Neurosci. Res. 73, 32.
- Alle, H. et al. (2011) J. Neurosci. 31, 8001.
- Casale, A.E. and McCormick, D.A. (2011) J. Neurosci. 31, 18289.
- Fulton S. et al. (2011) J. Biol. Chem. 286, 9360.
- Guan, D. et al. (2011) J. Neurophysiol. 106, 1722.
- Martel, P. et al. (2011) PLoS ONE 6, e20402.
- Min, M.Y. et al. (2010) Neuroscience 168, 633.
- Norris, A.J. and Nerbonne, J.M. (2010) J. Neurosci. 30, 5092.
- Guzman, J.N. et al. (2009) J. Neurosci. 29, 11011.
- Iremonger, K.J. and Bains, J.S. (2009) J. Neurosci. 29, 7349.
- Madrid, R. et al. (2009) J. Neurosci. 29, 3120.
- Menteyne, A. et al. (2009) PLoS ONE 4, e6770.
- Petreanu, L. et al. (2009) Nature 457, 1142.
- Wu, Z.Z. et al. (2009) J. Biol. Chem. 284, 36453.
- Cho, K.H. et al. (2008) J. Neurophysiol. 99, 2833.
- Day, M. et al. (2008) J. Neurosci. 28, 11603.
- Povysheva, N.V. et al. (2008) J. Neurophysiol. 100, 2348.
- Anti-KV1.1 (KCNA1) Antibody (#APC-009)
- Anti-KV1.1 (KCNA1) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-161)
- Anti-KV1.1 (KCNA1) (extracellular)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#APC-161-AR)
- Anti-KV1.2 (KCNA2) Antibody (#APC-010)
- Anti-KV1.2 (KCNA2) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-162)
- Anti-KV1.6 (KCNA6) Antibody (#APC-003)
- Anti-ASIC1 Antibody (#ASC-014)
- Anti-ASIC2a-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ASC-012-AR)
- Guinea pig Anti-ASIC3 Antibody (#AGP-052)
- β-Dendrotoxin (#D-360)
- γ-Dendrotoxin (#D-370)
- δ-Dendrotoxin (#D-380)
- Dendrotoxin-I (#D-390)
- Dendrotoxin-K (#D-400)
- κ-Conotoxin RIIIK (#STC-650)
- Margatoxin (#STM-325)
- MCD peptide (#STM-250)
- Pandinotoxin Kα (#STP-500)
- ShK (Stichodactyla Toxin) (#STS-400)
- Stichodactyla Toxin-Biotin (#STS-400-B)
- Spinoxin (#STS-500)
- Tityustoxin-Kα (#STT-360)
- Tityustoxin-Kα-ATTO Fluor-594 (#STT-360-AR)
- Urotoxin (#STU-200)
- APETx2 (#STA-160)
- Hm3a Toxin (#STH-250)
- Mambalgin-1 (#STM-100)
Explorer kits & Research packs
- Classical Ion Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-355)
- KV Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-380)
- Shaker (KV1) Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-219)
- Shaker (KV1) Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-107)
- ASIC Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-226)
- ASIC Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-113)