- Peptide(C)EKDAVNESGRIEFG, corresponding to amino acid residues 284-297 of rat KCNQ1 (Accession Q9Z0N7). 3rd extracellular loop.
- Western blot analysis of rat heart lysate (lanes 1 and 3) and mouse heart lysate (lanes 2 and 4):1,2. Anti-KCNQ1 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-168), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-KCNQ1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with KCNQ1 (extracellular) Blocking Peptide (#BLP-PC168).
- Expression of KCNQ1 in Human COLO-205 cellsCell surface detection of KCNQ1 in live intact human COLO-205 colon adenocarcinoma cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells with Anti-KCNQ1 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-168), (1:50), followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-488 secondary antibody (green). B. Live view of the cells. C. Merge of A and B.
KCNQ1 (KV7.1) is part of a voltage-gated K+ family that includes 5 other members (KCNQ1-5).
The channel has been intensively studied since it was found that together with MinK (Isk) it underlay the cardiac Iks current that controls the duration of the action potential of the human heart. Indeed mutations on either KV7.1 or MinK can be responsible for long QT syndrome, a cardiac disorder that causes arrhythmias and sudden death.
Although KV7.1 expression and function has been mainly investigated in relation with cardiac function the channel is widely distributed in epithelial tissues. There it has been implicated in physiological functions such as: regulation of acid secretion in the stomach and Cl- secretion into the colon.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of rat KCNQ1 (KV7.1). Anti-KCNQ1 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-168) can be used in western blot and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize KCNQ1 from rat, human and mouse samples.
- Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody (#APC-022). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting KCNQ1.
- Guinea pig Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody (#AGP-050) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in multiplex staining studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #APC-022.
Explorer kits & Research packs
- KCNQ (KV7) Channel Activator Explorer Kit (#EK-225)
- KCNQ (KV7) Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-131)
- KCNQ (KV7) Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-221)
- Cardiac KV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-320)
- Pacemaker Cell Marker Antibody Kit (#AK-620)
- Long QT Syndrome-Related Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-350)