This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
This lyophilized product is shipped at room temperature. Please see its certificate of analysis for further storage instructions.
3,4. Anti-KCNQ1 (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the control peptide antigen.
KCNQ1 (KV7.1) is part of a voltage-gated K+ family that includes 5 other members (KCNQ1-5).
The channel has been intensively studied since it was found that together with MinK (Isk) it underlay the cardiac Iks current that controls the duration of the action potential of the human heart. Indeed mutations on either KV7.1 or MinK can be responsible for long QT syndrome, a cardiac disorder that causes arrhythmias and sudden death.
Although KV7.1 expression and function has been mainly investigated in relation with cardiac function the channel is widely distributed in epithelial tissues. There it has been implicated in physiological functions such as: regulation of acid secretion in the stomach and Cl- secretion into the colon.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an extracellular epitope of rat KCNQ1 (KV7.1). Anti-KCNQ1 (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-168) can be used in western blot and live cell imaging applications. It has been designed to recognize KCNQ1 from rat, human and mouse samples.
Products for control experiments
- Anti-KCNQ1 Antibody (#APC-022). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting KCNQ1.
- Anti-KCNQ2 Antibody (#APC-050)
- Anti-KCNQ3 Antibody (#APC-051)
- Anti-KCNQ4 Antibody (#APC-164)
- Anti-KCNQ5 Antibody (#APC-155)
- Anti-KCNE1 (IsK) Antibody (#APC-163)
- KCNQ (KV7) Channel Activator Explorer Kit (#EK-225)
- KCNQ (KV7) Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-131)
- KCNQ (KV7) Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-221)
- SsTx Toxin (#STS-700)