This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
- Peptide (C)EKEGQTEYMDY(K), corresponding to amino acid residues 1533-1543 of rat NaV1.7 (Accession O08562). 1st extracellular loop, domain IV.
Human - Not recommended to use with human samples.
- Western blot analysis of rat brain (lanes 1 and 3) and rat DRG (lanes 2 and 4) lysates:1,2. Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-027), (1:200).
3,4. Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) (extracellular) Antibody, preincubated with the negative control antigen.
- Expression of NaV1.7 in rat PC12 cellsCell surface detection of NaV1.7 in intact living rat pheochromocytoma PC12 cells. A. Extracellular staining of cells using Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-027), (1:50) followed by goat anti-rabbit-AlexaFluor-594 secondary antibody (red). B. Merge image of A and live view of the cells.
- Wu, L. et al. (2002) NeuroReport 13, 2547.
- Fang, X. et al. (2002) J. Neurosci. 22, 7425.
- Fjell, J. et al. (2000) NeuroReport 11, 199.
- Baker, M.D. and Wood, J.N. (2001) Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 22, 27.
- Lai, J. et al. (2003) Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 13, 291.
- Isom, L.L. (2001) Neuroscientist 7, 42.
- Catterall, W.A. et al. (2003) Pharmacol. Rev. 55, 575.
- Catterall, W.A. et al. (2005) Pharmacol. Rev. 57, 397.
- Yang, Y. et al. (2004) J. Med. Genet. 41, 171.
- Cummins, T.R. et al. (2004) J. Neurosci. 24, 8232.
- Dray, A. (2008) Br. J. Anaesth. 101, 48.
Voltage-gated sodium channels (NaV) are essential for the generation of action potentials and for cell excitability1. NaV channels are activated in response to depolarization and selectively allow the flow of Na+ ions. To date, nine NaV α subunits have been cloned and named NaV1.1-NaV1.94-5. The NaV channels are classified into two groups according to their sensitivity to tetrodotoxin (TTX): TTX-sensitive (NaV1.1, NaV1.2, NaV1.3, NaV1.4, NaV1.6 and NaV1.7) and TTX-resistant (NaV1.5, NaV1.8 and NaV1.9)2-3.
Mammalian sodium channels are heterotrimers composed of a central, pore-forming α subunit and two auxiliary β subunits. The expression of the α subunit isoform is developmentally regulated and tissue specific. Na+ channels in the adult central nervous system and heart contain β1 through β4 subunits, whereas Na+ channels in adult skeletal muscle have only the β1 subunit6,8.
NaV1.7 is predominantly expressed in dorsal root ganglions (DRG) of the peripheral nervous system. Dominant gain of function mutations in the NaV1.7 gene are associated with erythermalgia (a rare autosomal disease characterized by sporadic burning pain accompanied by redness and heat in the extremities).9-11 Loss of function mutations in NaV1.7 channels leads to complete ablation of pain perception in humans.11 These recent findings highlight the role of this NaV isoform and the subset of DRG neurons that express this channel in physiological pain sensation.
Species reactivity key:
Alomone Labs is pleased to offer a highly specific antibody directed against an epitope of the rat NaV1.7 channel. Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) (extracellular) Antibody (#ASC-027) can be used in western blot and live cell imaging applications. It recognizes an extracellular epitope and thus is ideal for detecting NaV1.7 in living cells. It has been designed to recognize NaV1.7 from rat and mouse samples. The antibody will not recognize NaV1.7 from human samples.
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody (#ASC-008). This antibody recognizes a different epitope and thus can also be used as a control for detecting NaV1.7.
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#ASC-008-FR). A fluorescent labeled primary antibody. It can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit.
- Guinea pig Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody (#AGP-057) is raised in guinea pig and can be used in immuno-colocalization studies in conjunction with any of our antibodies raised in rabbit. This antibody has been raised against the same epitope as #ASC-008.