Every lot is tried & tested in a relevant biological assay.
- Alomone Labs Co 102862 inhibits NaV1.7 channel currents in HEK293 cells.A. Time course of current reversible inhibition by 50 µM Co 102862 (#C-160). Currents were elicited by a voltage ramp from a holding potential of -100 mV to 60 mV (30 ms) delivered every 10 seconds. B. Example traces of current response to voltage ramp stimulation before and during application of 50 µM Co 102862.
- Catterall, W.A. (1992) Physiol. Rev. 72, S15.
- Catterall, W.A. (2000) Neuron 26, 13.
- Bean, B.P. et al. (1983) J. Gen. Physiol. 81, 613.
- Hondeghem, L.M. and Katzung, B.G. (1984) Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 24, 387.
- Butterworth, J.F. 4th and Strichartz, G.R. (1990) Anesthesiology 72, 711.
- Kuo, C.C. and Bean, B.P. (1994) Mol. Pharmacol. 46, 716.
- Xie, X.M. et al. (1995) Pfluegers Arch. Eur. J. Physiol. 430, 437.
- Kuo, C.C. et al. (1997) Mol. Pharmacol. 51, 1077.
- Kuo, C.C. et al. (2000) Mol. Pharmacol. 57, 135.
- Yang, Y.C. and Kuo, C.C. (2002) Mol. Pharmacol. 62, 1228.
- Ilyin, V.I. et al. (2005) Br. J. Pharmacol. 144, 801.
- Carter, R.B. et al. (1997) Soc. Neurosci. Absrt. 23, 2163.
Voltage-gated Na+ channels play key roles in determining neuronal excitability1,2. Voltage- and use-dependent blockage of voltage-gated Na+ channels appear to be important in the mechanism of action of many anticonvulsants (e.g. phenytoin (PHT), carbamazepine (CBZ) and lamotrigine (LTG)), local anesthetics (e.g. lidocaine and bupivacaine) and Class I antiarrhythmics3-10.
Co 102862 is a potent, broad spectrum and state-dependent blocker of neuronal voltage-gated Na+ channels that interacts selectively with inactivated states as opposed to resting states of the channel11. IC50 values are 0.28-15.9 μM in rat hippocampal neurons11.
Co 102862 is an anticonvulsant, demonstrating potent activity in rodent models of tonic/clonic and partial-complex seizures12.
Co 102862 (#C-160) is a highly pure, synthetic, and biologically active compound.
- Guinea pig Anti-SCN1A (NaV1.1) Antibody (#AGP-043)
- Anti-SCN2A (NaV1.2) Antibody (#ASC-002)
- Anti-SCN4A (NaV1.4) Antibody (#ASC-020)
- Anti-NaV1.5 (SCN5A) (1978-2016) Antibody (#ASC-013)
- Anti-NaV1.7 (SCN9A) Antibody (#ASC-008)
- Anti-NaV1.8 (SCN10A)-ATTO Fluor-594 Antibody (#ASC-016-AR)
- Anti-Pan NaV Antibody (#ASC-003)
Explorer kits & Research packs
- Classical Ion Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-355)
- NaV Channel Antibodies for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#AK-365)
- NaV Channel Blockers for Pain Research Explorer Kit (#EK-375)
- TTX-Resistant NaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-223)
- TTX-Sensitive NaV Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-224)