- Lyophilized Powder Lyophilized Powder
This product is freeze dried. All water molecules have been removed.
- Antigen Incl. Control Antigen Included
This antibody is shipped with its antigen FREE of charge!
Microglia Ion Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-625) is a budget friendly screening package.
|Product Name||Cat #||Size|
|AHC-001||1 x 50 µl|
|APC-026||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular) Antibody
|APC-101||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-KV1.5 (KCNA5) Antibody
|APC-004||1 x 50 µl|
Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular) Antibody
|ALM-051||1 x 25 µg|
Mouse Anti-Human Orai1 (extracellular) Antibody
|ALM-025||1 x 25 µg|
Anti-P2X4 Receptor Antibody
|APR-002||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular) Antibody
|APR-008||1 x 50 µl|
Anti-TRPV2 (VRL1) (extracellular) Antibody
|ACC-039||1 x 50 µl|
Microglia are the resident immune cells of the central nervous system that mediate an array of critical functions like neuronal development and connectivity as well as protecting their environment from unwelcome invaders1,7. On the other hand, microglia are also implicated in a variety of inflammatory and neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's disease, epilepsy, and schizophrenia5.
Microglia originate from a dedicated pool of yolk sac-derived cells that infiltrate into the brain during the early embryonic stage7. Later on, it was discovered that a pan of molecular cues pertaining the tyrosine kinase activity of CSF-1 receptor and the transcription factor IRF-8 are critical factors for their commitment to this particular cell lineage and to maintain their long-term survival7.
More recently, interest in microglia has resurfaced after numerous evidence implicated them in regulating neuronal connectivity3. These studies also demonstrated that microglia cells could form synaptic connections between neurons during embryonic stage or during synaptic plasticity processes to enhance neuronal function3.
Despite their fundamental role in maintaining normal neuronal function, abnormal microglial activity has been reported in several cases of mental disorders and neuroinflammatory conditions2,5. In Alzheimer's disease, for example, postmortem studies implied the possibility of dysfunctional microglia as evident from their close proximity to amyloid beta particulates5,6. Further genetic studies uncovered a common mutation in TREM2, a cell surface receptor important for phagocytosis of amyloid beta fibrils5. Moreover, in light of the inflammatory nature of Alzheimer's disease, several studies underscored the prominent involvement of ion channels like the voltage-gated potassium ions and the purinergic receptors to activate inflammatory signaling cascades in microglia and consequently, instigate local inflammatory reactions4.
In summary, microglia are essential components of the brain parenchyma, contributing to its normal physiological function. Nevertheless, in some cases, abnormal microglial activity can inflict severe damage and propagate neuroinflammatory diseases. As such, a better understanding of ion channels activity in such devastating medical conditions could spell relieve in such circumstances.
- Eyo, U.B. and Wu, L.J. (2019) Prog. Neurobiol. doi: 10.1016/j.pneurobio.2019.04.003.
- Frank, M.G. et al. (2019) Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. doi: 10.1016/j.semcdb.2019.01.001.
- Ikegami, A. et al. (2019) Neuropathology 39, 173.
- Izquierdo, P. et al. (2019) Trends Neurosci 42, 278.
- Salter, M.W. and Stevens, B. (2017) Nat. Med. 23, 1018.
- Subhramanyam, C.S. et al. (2019) Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. doi: 10.1016/j.semcdb.2019.05.004.
- Wolf, S.A. et al. (2017) Annu. Rev. Physiol. 79, 619.
- Anti-Rat TRPV1 (VR1) (extracellular) Antibody (#ACC-029)
- Anti-TRPV1 (VR1) Antibody (#ACC-030)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APC-101-F)
- Anti-KV1.3 (KCNA3) (extracellular)-PE Antibody (#APC-101-PE)
- Anti-KV1.5 (KCNA5) (extracellular) Antibody (#APC-150)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-ATTO-633 Antibody (#APR-008-FR)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#APR-008-F)
- Anti-P2X7 Receptor Antibody (#APR-004)
- Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) Antibody (#APC-064)
- Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular)-Biotin Antibody (#ALM-051-B)
- Mouse Anti-KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) (extracellular)-FITC Antibody (#ALM-051-F)
Explorer kits & Research packs
- KCNN4 (KCa3.1, SK4) Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-133)
- P2X7 Receptor Antagonist Explorer Kit (#EK-410)
- Store-Operated Ca2+ Channel Antibody Explorer Kit (#AK-209)
- TRPV1 Channel Activator Explorer Kit (#EK-115)
- TRPV1 Channel Blocker Explorer Kit (#EK-117)
- TRPV1 Channel Modulator Explorer Kit (#EK-114)
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-501)
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-501)
- KV1.3 (KCNA3) Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-501)
- TRPV1 Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-300)
- TRPV1 Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-300)
- TRPV1 Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-300)
- KCNN4 (KCa3.1) Channel Basic Research Pack (#ESB-400)
- KCNN4 (KCa3.1) Channel Premium Research Pack (#ESP-400)
- KCNN4 (KCa3.1) Channel Deluxe Research Pack (#ESD-400)